verizon note 2 flash to tmobile

klinetree

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have Verizon Note II and my wife has S4 (both are 4GLTE with SIM cards) and want to switch to Tmobile. Told by Tmobile rep that we need to "unlock" phones before we can sign up. Went over to Verizon and told that phones would need to be "flashed" (due to CDMA switch to GMS) but Verizon doesn't do this service despite fact that we are in good standing. States it is "illegal". I see adds for businesses that flash phones for a fee (instead of my unsophisticated attempt at such). Is this needed? Are these reps just not up to date? I ask because of a response I read on similar forum, found below. Thanks in advance for any help.

"Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked "

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon Note II and my wife has S4 (both are 4GLTE with SIM cards) and want to switch to Tmobile. Told by Tmobile rep that we need to "unlock" phones before we can sign up. Went over to Verizon and told that phones would need to be "flashed" (due to CDMA switch to GMS) but Verizon doesn't do this service despite fact that we are in good standing. States it is "illegal". I see adds for businesses that flash phones for a fee (instead of my unsophisticated attempt at such). Is this needed? Are these reps just not up to date? I ask because of a response I read on similar forum, found below. Thanks in advance for any help.

"Since this is the note 2 forum, the note 2 is factory sim unlocked. You can take an att or tmo sim and put it into your Verizon note 2 and it will work. All Verizon 4GLTE phones come with a SIM card. Not all Verizon phones have gsm radios, but a lot of recent smartphones in Verizon do, and most are sim unlocked "

To my knowledge, there should be no reason Verizon can't unlock it for you. You are in good standing, I am assuming the contract is up? If so, I would try calling Verizon. If they still refuse to help you, I would see if TMo is still taking in phones for trade in and offering to cover ETFs, and take them up on it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II is factory sim unlocked. With the latest update, the apn is also unlocked. I have put a Tmobile sim into my verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II and voice and data worked. I didn't need to unlock anything, though you will need to edit the apn.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12