Bricked, stuck on TWRP

A

AC Question

So a friend of mine tried to install cyanogenmod on my phone. I'm guessing he messed up bad because here I am.

I've tried Odin several times and have gotten results like <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed sometimes and others another time. I've tried several different versions of Odin, different MD5 files. plugged in my usb to new ports, made sure my drivers were up to date, installed Kies, uninstalled Kies, tried a new cable. No dice, always comes up to failed.

Worst part is I'm not familiar with any of this so I'm in a bad situation, if somebody could explain what to do in a very clear manor, I would be very grateful.

PS. My phone is Samsung Galaxy III AT&T sgh-i747

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I went to work after removing the battery, 8 hours later I came home and it didn't do anything, still hangs up on the S3 splash. TWRP seems to just be.... gone..

and yeah, I've been able to get to the download screen.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked sams mobile to make sure that the files your trying to flash are a 100% match?? Also galaxy note 3 root .com has odin flashable stock. I would go into recovery by holding volume up power home. Choose factory data reset. Do it three times. Then go into dl mode and flash the newly downloaded odin file. Make sure its a 100% match sounds like the file your trying to flash may be a bad download. If you see a yellow comport in windows then your good.. also take out your ext sd and your sim when you odin flash..
The link you tagged on xda is for a verizon device.. be carefull man or your gonna have a brick on your hands.
Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked sams mobile to make sure that the files your trying to flash are a 100% match?? Also galaxy note 3 root .com has odin flashable stock. I would go into recovery by holding volume up power home. Choose factory data reset. Do it three times. Then go into dl mode and flash the newly downloaded odin file. Make sure its a 100% match sounds like the file your trying to flash may be a bad download. If you see a yellow comport in windows then your good.. also take out your ext sd and your sim when you odin flash..
The link you tagged on xda is for a verizon device.. be carefull man or your gonna have a brick on your hands.

Nah, I wasn't using verizon, I was just talking about the general process.

Anyways I downloaded a new stock from the site you directed me to. I don't have an SD card but I took out my SIM card. I also have been trying the PIT file off and on to see if it makes any difference, and it doesn't.

Also I can't even get into my recovery mode, as I stated before. It's either stuck on the S3 splash or download mode for me.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Get a rom on your ext SD go back into twrp go to advanced wipe the data dalvik system and internel.. do it 3x then nav to your ext and flash the rom youve downloaded from xda. Look under forums for your device and find a rom that matches your device.. if you can get into trwp and wipe your internal and flash from your external youll be up and running. wipe it 3x like i said..
GET AN EXT SD CARD.. :)

Last edited:

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Get a rom on your ext SD go back into twrp go to advanced wipe the data dalvik system and internel.. do it 3x then nav to your ext and flash the rom youve downloaded from xda. Look under forums for your device and find a rom that matches your device.. if you can get into trwp and wipe your internal and flash from your external youll be up and running. wipe it 3x like i said..
GET AN EXT SD CARD.. :)

Did all that, have the ext SD and all. When I go to install it it says it can't open the zip file. I've done it with multiple downloads and still the same result.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Did all that, have the ext SD and all. When I go to install it it says it can't open the zip file. I've done it with multiple downloads and still the same result.

What version of twrp are you using?
your saying youve wiped the internel and the you nav to your ext to the rom it cant open it?? It it swipe to open?? So the steps i listed the go to reboot recovery it should ask you " install su" say no when you reboot into recovery then go to ext and flaah the rom.. what rom are you trying to flash?? Whats your exact model number?? Whos your carrier???

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I want you to stay away from what ever that file is you trying to flash.. i want you to have the rom from this link on your ext sd card. I want you to wipe your internal from the advanced category of twrp. And system and data and dalvik.. and i want you to do it three times. Then i want you to flash the rom from this sight from your ext..

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I want you to stay away from what ever that file is you trying to flash.. i want you to have the rom from this link on your ext sd card. I want you to wipe your internal from the advanced category of twrp. And system and data and dalvik.. and i want you to do it three times. Then i want you to flash the rom from this sight from your ext..

Was I supposed to download the Stock Odex? Because I did and it failed.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Was I supposed to download the Stock Odex? Because I did and it failed.

Im starting to think the pit files you flashed corupted you system table.
Try the other one if it didnt work does it even launch.. copy it to your internel wipe it all except the internel and flash it from the internel.

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Im starting to think the pit files you flashed corupted you system table.
Try the other one if it didnt work does it even launch.. copy it to your internel wipe it all except the internel and flash it from the internel.

Downloading the other one now, but I moved the first one to internal and it still failed.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Downloading the other one now, but I moved the first one to internal and it still failed.

I do not understand whats going on..
Did you upgrade your bootloader??? Check out dr keatens wifi fix it might take care of this.. the file is a tar used in odin paramtz_tar and it acts as a reconstructor..

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Uh. I don't even know what that is so probably not, I just assumed wiping everything and then flashing the zip would work out. I don't even know what that is.

Also downloaded and flashed the second zip, same failure.

I think your root system files are bad..

Skipsoft .net and look for some help there for your device..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood