Bricked, stuck on TWRP

A

AC Question

So a friend of mine tried to install cyanogenmod on my phone. I'm guessing he messed up bad because here I am.

I've tried Odin several times and have gotten results like <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed sometimes and others another time. I've tried several different versions of Odin, different MD5 files. plugged in my usb to new ports, made sure my drivers were up to date, installed Kies, uninstalled Kies, tried a new cable. No dice, always comes up to failed.

Worst part is I'm not familiar with any of this so I'm in a bad situation, if somebody could explain what to do in a very clear manor, I would be very grateful.

PS. My phone is Samsung Galaxy III AT&T sgh-i747

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Its good that it doesnt say "no sim installed" you just dont have a modem.. if it said no sim installed emergency calls only then your sim itself or the sim tray would or could be damaged..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Rooted and I flashed the zip and it was successful. But.... nothing changed.

Sorry man back at work now..
To get your baseband back you might haft to flash stock odin again try the one from sams mobile or look on xda. Flash another modem maybe and older one. But at least your not in a soft brick you just need to look on how to get the baseband or modem/radio firmware back installed.

Daniele DeBattista

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey there. Basically have the same issue. Phone was working fine on CM11 on my Galaxy S3. I had issues with sudden network drops. Now I was trying to install the latest update from 15/07/2014 and the phone is stuck, i.e. Galaxy S3 Boot screen then it switched to the TWRP Boot screen for a few seconds and restarts. Got any ideas on how to fix this without losing my data? Thanks :)!

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Sorry man back at work now..
To get your baseband back you might haft to flash stock odin again try the one from sams mobile or look on xda. Flash another modem maybe and older one. But at least your not in a soft brick you just need to look on how to get the baseband or modem/radio firmware back installed.

Annnd after a week I'm back. Had to work, no time to do anything else. So tonight I tried flashing different modems on my phone, didn't work. So I thought maybe factory resetting and clearing caches would work, still no go.

According to my phone, my broadband is unknown and my IMEI is: null/null.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Annnd after a week I'm back. Had to work, no time to do anything else. So tonight I tried flashing different modems on my phone, didn't work. So I thought maybe factory resetting and clearing caches would work, still no go.

According to my phone, my broadband is unknown and my IMEI is: null/null.

Hey dustin just curious who your carrier is??? And your exact model number?? And a link to the odin file you flashed?? Sorry its takin a bit to reply got alot going on..

Sent from my Flashvetrin using Tapatalk

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey dustin just curious who your carrier is??? And your exact model number?? And a link to the odin file you flashed?? Sorry its takin a bit to reply got alot going on..

I think you flashed the wrong param bin file.. you need to flash your bootlader file for your carrier..

Dustin Dodson

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was doing that too but the install kept failing. Also Kies won't let me do firmware recovery. When I click emergency firmware recovery, my device isn't listed.

it should be a discovery with kies make sure you update the drivers. Your phone sure is being stuborn.. odin should be pushing the radio/modem firmware in.. i honestly dont know what else to tell you..ive done tons of phone work. And ive never seen one this stuborn i think the reason the bootloader flash is failing is because its an upgrade. If it cant see what to upgrade from it will fail. Keep trying the stock odin. Or the kies.. at this point you need to get the stock bootloader back in..