Why Does My Trio Stealth G2 Tablet Not Download Any Apps?

Akieda

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I got this Tablet last Christmas (so about six months ago) and about two months in it stopped working. Now four months later it started to work (Hooray!), but with a big problem. I go into the Google Play Store, go to download the Skype app and I hit install. Under the Skype app it has the Blue downloading bar and says above this bar Downloading... but it has now sadly been 6 hours since I started downloading this app. So I went to the forums to find a solution, I have tried four different ones. Solution Number One, Download Amazon App Store from the website, now this didn't go over well it popped up an error saying I could not download it because I did not have enough space (even though I literally have nothing on this tablet). So I went on. Solution Number Two Resetting the Cache and Data in my Google play store. That didn't do ANYTHING. (D:) So I went on. I finally ended up with Solution Number Three I went into my Restore and Reset tab in my settings and did a Factory Reset, Third times the charm right? WRONG, this Solution also did nothing to help me solve this problem. I was wondering "How should I go about this problem?". I came up blank, but it would be amazing if you could help me out! Thank You in advance. :D

Rachel Medovitch

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my Trio Stealth G2. I have access to the internet and Google Play but it will not download apps to my device. It will say it is downloading but that's it. Is there anything to fix this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have enough free internal storage to download the app? (The system needs 400-500MB free for its own use, so you need more than that free to download anything.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The SD card has nothing to do with it, but 3GB free should be more than enough for any app. And Gaaps (Google Apps - some devices come without them, and installing them doesn't always let Play Store download) come installed so that's not the problem.

Two suggestions:

1) Go to Google Play on a web browser, find the app or game you want and press (or click on a computer) the install button.

2) Go to Amazon and look for the app. The App Store app will download and install from Amazon, and you can install the same apps as you can from the Play Store, for the same price (or free, if they're free apps).

No idea why it's not working from the Play Store app itself.

Lisa Lopez1

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same tablet and the EXACT same problem. It use to not work and I recently turned it back on and was surprised it was working now but I am unable to download any apps. I have full WiFi access and I'm even using it right now to send this. But I can not download any apps, even after doing factory reset. When I open STORAGE in the settings I see 2 different internal storages, one completely full with apps and one 95% empty. I can not figure out why I can not access that empty storage. I would love to fix this on my own because my son peeled off the serial number so I can't send in for warranty repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2