Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Turning off

A

AC Question

I find there are 2 ways to turn the Tab 8.4 off - either a light press that results in a dark screen, or a long press that brings up a message to Power Off. I prefer the first but the tablet turns on again when I plug in to recharge. Is there a way to may the light press the default?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and sorry for the delay! You're doing two different things there. A short press of the Power button makes the tablet go to sleep, not power off. So the device is in a suspended state, and can turn back on quickly with another short press of the Power button. The screen typically comes on when the power cable is connected as well in this situation. In sleep mode, background processes can still occur, so the device could still refresh email or Facebook updates, for example.

A long press of the Power button and then selecting Power Off turns the tablet completely off. When a device is completely off, nothing is happening within the system.

What do you mean by making the light press the default? You want the light press to power down the tablet? Wouldn't you find it inconvenient to wait for it to boot up each time you wanted to use it? Remember, the boot process can take upwards of a minute or longer on some devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084