Factory Reset with Missing Factory Apps for Galaxy S2 SPH-D710

A

AC Question

I have not rooted or upgraded Android. I started having memory problems recently.

I found a thread, which described my situation perfectly. The consensus solution in that thread was: "A simple way to free up storage space is by deleting all the log files in the device memory. Just dial *#9900# on your phone and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu. It's not necessary to root your phone either. I restored 1.4 gig of space after doing this."

Nothing happens when I do that. So I decided I needed to do a factory reset, but first thought I'd do a back up (I've never done that before). So I saw ways to factory reset through Kies Air and Samsung Link. Tried both from my PC, but apparently I don't have some essential Samsung apps that were initially installed on my phone. I must have hastily deleted them when I was trying to free some memory. How to I backup and reset without those apps/drivers I apparently deleted. I have no idea what I deleted.

This is my first smartphone so I'd describe me as a beginner. I have been Googling for days, now I'm frustrated. I would very much appreciate some help.

skippydoodling

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Paul, but I've been there and come back empty handed after many hours. I'm not even sure what I'm missing. I can't find a list anywhere of all that should have been installed on my phone when I received it. (btw: I am the poster. Apparently, I wasn't logged in when I posted this).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, Paul, but I've been there and come back empty handed after many hours. I'm not even sure what I'm missing. I can't find a list anywhere of all that should have been installed on my phone when I received it. (btw: I am the poster. Apparently, I wasn't logged in when I posted this).

Depending on the app, Samsing/Sprint may have deleted them after an update. The thing is, the Samsung apps are bundled with the ROM and become system apps. As far as I know, it isn't that easy to delete them.

To rephrase: Your first ROM has App X, after a couple updates, App X got removed, and after the reset is when you noticed.

I guess a good question is, do you really need them? There may be ways to get them back, but for a beginner, it can be a lot of hassle and may not be worth the time if they are apps you don't use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781