From iphone 4S to Samsung S5

A

AC Question

Friends,

Recently switched to android after almost 5 yrs on iphone. Some trouble with my Samsung S5. Please help

1. Temp on the screen remain unchanged
2. Even after moderate usage battery drains in 5-6 Hrs. Have I forgotten anything to check / uncheck in system's menu?
3. After plugging in my earphone, volume level automatically goes up and down. But it settles after 10 - 15 mins or so.
4. How to add widget on my screen?
5. Any must have android apps to improve phone performace?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1. Not sure what you're asking here
2. Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats? It'll help with seeing if there's anything out of the ordinary.
3. Is this happening with only a specific set of headphones or with certain apps? Or all the time?
4. Open your app drawer and scroll to the right until you get to the widgets. Drag them onto your screen.
5. Not really. There isn't a magic app tat will make your phone run better. You can try launchers if you want a faster home screen and/or want to customize your phone more.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
1. Not sure what you're asking here
2. Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats? It'll help with seeing if there's anything out of the ordinary.
3. Is this happening with only a specific set of headphones or with certain apps? Or all the time?
4. Open your app drawer and scroll to the right until you get to the widgets. Drag them onto your screen.
5. Not really. There isn't a magic app tat will make your phone run better. You can try launchers if you want a faster home screen and/or want to customize your phone more.

For 1. I think he means the weather widget?

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

illuminator2710

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks UJ and Wizz.

Yes, I was talking about weather widget.
I am also attaching the screen shot for your reference.
Whenever I use the earphones ( given in the S5 box ) for listening to music ( inbuilt feature ) volume keeps on fluctuating for atleast first 10 mins. I have to close down / restart 3-4 times before it goes back to normal.

Thanks again

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-03-12-02-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-03-12-02-58.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 39

p4ck3ts3nd3r

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Friends,

Recently switched to android after almost 5 yrs on iphone. Some trouble with my Samsung S5. Please help

1. Temp on the screen remain unchanged
2. Even after moderate usage battery drains in 5-6 Hrs. Have I forgotten anything to check / uncheck in system's menu?
3. After plugging in my earphone, volume level automatically goes up and down. But it settles after 10 - 15 mins or so.
4. How to add widget on my screen?
5. Any must have android apps to improve phone performace?
Congratulations! You upgraded from a phone designed for a child, to a grown-up phone. ;)

I'm glad to see one more leave that iOS piece of $*%# behind in the dust.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are using the stock weather widget, tap the temp and it should open the weather app. Click on the three dots in the top right corner. Select settings. There should be an update interval select that and decide how often you want it to update.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes u believe that.....

Posted via Android Central App

I don't belive I know. The gs5 is just as good as the n5,m8 since parts better.

I know i used them before and settled with the gs5

I have no lag. Battery life I get an average of 16 hours on one charge. Camera is better on the gs5 then on the n5 and m8. And as I said before, stock android is boring so the n5 is out of the picture just by that. Screen is better on the gs5 then either 2 devices.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21