Galaxy S3 can't connect to WiFi unless I turn off mobile data?

Shay Camp

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've been having this problem since I updated to 4.3 Jellybean and I have searched forums for a solution, but I have yet to find any answers. My phone used to automatically switch between WiFi and mobile data, but now it will only connect to WiFi if I manually turn off my mobile data. And in doing that, I have to turn it back on to receive pictures and when I leave WiFi. I updated to 4.4 KitKat today hoping it would correct the problem, but it hasn't. Anyone else have this problem and find a solution?

Posted via Android Central App

John T Jarrett

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Exact same problem. Have to turn off Mobile Data to use Wi-Fi and vice versa. Connecting to Wi-Fi at home with Mobile Data on puts the words Turned Off under our home Wi-Fi. Wiping the cache as suggested did not help.

John T Jarrett

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Also saw suggestion to turn off AT&T Navigator via Application Manager. Did not work.

Also saw suggestion to turn off Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, then turn on Airplane Mode, reboot, turn off Airplane Mode, then turn on Wi-Fi first then Mobile Data. Didn't work.

John T Jarrett

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I installed an app called Power Toolbars which gives me a widget with an icon on my home page to turn Mobile Data on and off. Leaving Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi will auto-connect in about 5 seconds after hitting the Mobile Data icon. That's a work-around, not a fix, but much much much less annoying than going through Settings to turn off Mobile Data every time I get home.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad