Samsung Galaxy S3 contact list

U

Unregistered

When I go into my contacts it only has a list of all the names, theyre pretty small and close together since theres no pictures next to them and its kind of a pain. I have pictures saved for a lot of my contacts and I cant figure out how to make them show up on the list again, anybody know where that setting is?

Ichigago

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem.
It started (by coincidence?) after the 4.4.2 update I just downloaded a week ago.
I sort of "semi-fixed" it with "Open Contacts Free" app.
Now, 75% of the time, its back to the name & pictures displayed.

I need a permanent solution though.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a fix for all the pictures at once, but if you edit the contact and press the icon (where the picture would be, to the right of the name), you'll gert a menu to take a picture or to use one already in the phone. If you have a lot of contacts, it's a lot of work.

Why did it happen? No idea. It didn't on my Note 3 when it updated to 4.4.2.

catester

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you FrannieeGracee. Reseating the SD card worked for me. No idea what caused this. Contacts looks normal last night, with a small photo or "blank head" next to each. This morning they looked like a textfile.

hbro3622

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my contact list it went from having picture icon to list of names what I did was pull up my contact list. Push the menu on the bottom left of your phone go to the one that says contact via....not sure the exact wording but once you've opened it go to the top of screen and hit cancel. Close it out then reopen contacts and thats how I changed mine back. Not sure it will work the same for you but its worth trying. Hope I could help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995