How do I "root" a Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet?

• Thread starter turkfiles@msn.com
  • Start date
T

turkfiles@msn.com

Having constant problems with app storage issues on my E!lipsiis 7. Someone mentioned "rooting" the tablet to free up storage space. Any directions for doing this?

Vornix88

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I did exactly what that site says, and watched videos for the steps to do it that way. But it doesn't work. Every time I hit barmahir it says to reboot my device. After rebooting it does nothing. I downloaded root checker and it says I do not have root access. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The guide was written more than 6 months ago. If you're running a later update of Android, or not the current Framaroot. it may not work. (Since I don't use Framaroot, I won't comment on what you're doing wrong - I have no idea.)

2) Rooting the phone uses storage, it doesn't add storage. The only way rooting can be used to free storage is by removing system apps you (and the phone) don't need. Remove the wrong app, though, and the phone stops working.

And it's only a temporary measure. The tablet has 8GB of storage, about half of which is taken by the ROM, and the phone needs about 500MB free, so you have 3.5GB to store apps. You can probably gain 500MB - maybe even as much as 1GB - by removing Verizon junk, but 4.5GB of storage these days is tiny now. It was a small tablet when it was released over a year ago, so use it for what it was intended for - pictures, videos, music, documents. They can all be stored on the external SD card (and it will take a 32GB card). It wasn't designed to run a lot of large apps on.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to root it, you need to understand how inux works.

Only an app that created a folder can write to that folder. So if you try to save a file to a folder created by a different app, it won't work. And that's the whole idea. Instead of all your documents being in one folder, pdf documents are in the folder the pdf app created, text documents are in the folder the text app created, etc.

(I disagree with Google doing it that way, but that's their reason for it.)

Rooting will allow you - since you have root permissions - to write anything to any folder using any app. It also allows you to delete files that will turn the phone into a paperweight. And it voids the warranty. If you don't understand how to root your phone manually, you don't understand enough about Linux to be rooting the phone. (We see questions here every day from people who deleted a file that caused the phone to keep crashing, don't have their data backed up, and the only way to fix their problem wipes all their data.)

Feb 18, 2018
Visit site
Framaroot doesn't work. The last update to Android 4.4.2 broke the ability of Framaroot to root. Whether downgrading Android might work, I do not know. Kingo Root does work. Unfortunately there are no ROMs, no alternative systems that will work with the Ellipsis. It also doesn't have a removable battery. It's old enough that the battery might be short lived and you may be having problems. Unless you really, really need 4G connection, it's probably time to replace this tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle