My new Galaxy S5 cannot see my old apps from the SD Card

A

AC Question

Hi everybody,

I need help to transfer my apps from my old sd card that I took out of the LG Optimus phone and put it in my Galaxy S5 new phone.
I was able to import the contacts and downloaded music by importing from SD card.

When I look at my sd card in the old phone under app manager I can only see the old apps that I would like to move over to the Galaxy, but none of the new ones installed with Galaxy.
When I move the card to the Galaxy S5 I can only see only the new ones and none of the old ones.

I really would like to move the old apps and (if possible) my text messages.

Thank you in advance!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I would copy the music later, sync your contacts in Samsung or Google and unmounts and format your card.
You should really let your account in Play Store download all the apps it knows you have, by going to the Play app, or your account on a pc with your new phone registered, or sync with Google.
You can get your contacts back that way too.

Later consider syncing with Samsung, and Samsung's Kies program on a pc, and/or your Google or Google + account.
I use the old fashioned usb cable for saving my music and photos to pc. You always have cloud storage like Google drive, but Dropbox is preferred by many like me.

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree with this answer. On my recent new phone move, I deleted all files and folders except for my music and photos. I renamed the DCIM folder to "old photos" as I knew there would be a new DCIM.

You can't reliably move applications, especially with new android OS leaving larger stubs on phone internal memory.

R

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping someone would also explain better than I can why an app sent to an LG for example would not be compatible if moved directly to a Samsung. There must be different coding involved? Interesting.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. I'll try.

Welcome to Android Central.
On reflection that is probably not an ideal answer for you as you will have many apps already set up on your phone.
If you can always get your music and contacts back etc (you can sync again from your LG to Google).
You may consider starting again with a reset. Otherwise you can unmount and reformat the sd card while its in the S5 in the settings.
Come back if you need more help/advice or join the S5 forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad