Nexus 7 will not boot

nicurro1965

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi , I am trying to use Wug to fix my N7 , it says to enable developer options but I cannot get to settings to do this , the N7 starts at the screen with 4 options , power off , recovery , restart boot loader , start. Is there any way to to fix this N7 ?
Cannot get to screen to wipe cache etc.

Cheers

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes your device needs to be able to boot up and then enable developer mode via Settings/About Tablet and tapping on the build number 7 times enabling your developer options in Settings.

Otherwise if you can't get the device to boot up there is no other way to enable it to my knowledge.

May I ask what happened leading you to use Wugs to fix your N7 and which version of N7 (2012 or 2013)?

nicurro1965

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
The device went into restart and shutdown constantly it wouldn't stay on long enough to do anything. Restarted it with the start + volume down , tried the options on this menu , no look , then went to the next menu , cleared the cache and tried the wipe device & restore but still no luck.
Now when I try the recovery mode I get a message in the top left of the screen saying "booting failed".

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC