Cracked Screen: Verizon Galaxy S5

rbvoorheis

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to get some information for a friend. She dropped her S5 and cracked the screen. The display is black and unresponsive. However, the phone itself still works as you can hear it ring, text messages coming in, etc. A few questions...

1. Does she need to order a screen / digitizer assembly? If so, can anyone recommend a site?
2. How difficult is the repair? I did my son's iPhone screen recently and it wasn't too bad. Is this comparable?
3. Any other tips or information I should know?

FYI, she has had the phone just over a month and does not have the insurance. She had a case on it that she had purchased from Verizon. I told her when the phone is fixed to get an Otterbox. She literally dropped her phone from her lap in the car to the ground (approximately 2 feet). I've dropped my HTC probably 5 times from higher than this and my Otterbox has saved me. Can't say enough good things about those cases. My wife has one too and has the S5. She is pretty rough on her phones and so far, so good.

Regards,
Brian

DickRilloa

Banned
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
She had a case on it that she had purchased from Verizon. I told her when the phone is fixed to get an Otterbox. She literally dropped her phone from her lap in the car to the ground (approximately 2 feet). I've dropped my HTC probably 5 times from higher than this and my Otterbox has saved me. Can't say enough good things about those cases.

Shock absorbing silicone/polyurethane soft-shell bumper cases have kept my phones without a scratch at 1/10th the cost of an Otterbox in scores of 3-feet-onto-concrete fall incidents. In fact: no phone with one ever broke...

rbvoorheis

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I'm not affiliated with Otterbox in any way. :) You're correct though. The soft shell is the most important thing. Scratch-resistant glass is great and all, but the impact of dropping your phone on edge is what causes it to shatter. In my friend's case, the one she had didn't have the soft corners. Live and learn, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995