Device on device manager no longer showing

A

AC Question

I lost my phone 2-3 months ago and have been trying to locate it using device manager every week or so. Today when I went into device manager the device is no longer showing for me to try and locate it. I checked my devices on google and it still shows there, but it is no longer reflected in Device Manager to try and locate it.

How do I get it back into device manager to try and locate it?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

There is a possibility that the device might have been reset, and a new gmail account was connected. It might also mean that the device is in an area with no internet connection available or has a weak signal in general.

djthompson

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
It has been on my list with unable to locate device since I lost it, but now it is not even on my list. How would I find out if it has been reset and registered to a new google account? Shouldn't it be a conflict that it is registered to me and showing on my device list, but also on someone elses?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I lost my phone 2-3 months ago and have been trying to locate it using device manager every week or so. Today when I went into device manager the device is no longer showing for me to try and locate it. I checked my devices on google and it still shows there, but it is no longer reflected in Device Manager to try and locate it.

How do I get it back into device manager to try and locate it?

It may have become hidden in Google Play and so then won't show in Device Manager. You can make the device visible again from Google Play.
Also in Android Device Manager there is an option to search for a guest phone, which may work for you.
I can't post a screenshot of the help page for Device Manager here but if you can check it out.

I hope you still get it back.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

djthompson

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I have checked google play and it is not listed as hidden (unchecked it and then checked it again to see if that would reset it) but it is still not in my list on device manager. As for using Guest login - I would need to sign in to the google account where it is now registered which I do not know.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I like the ease of use of Android Device Manager, but there seems to be a lot of limitations. I didn't lose my other galaxy phone, but I forgot to reset it when I loaned it to someone, so used ADM to lock it when it turns on (it was off), and also leave a message on the lock screen to call me.
I don't know if you can first lock and then still find the phone, but coulda woulda is no use to you atm.

I hope someone else has advice.

Check in with Almeuit in this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=372087

(I want to look into it more for myself and if I find anything..)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude