s4 battery drain

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
To post from the Android Central app touch the attachment / paper clip icon and you can select gallery or photos and chose the screenshot. Tapatalk or the AC Forums app have access from the 3 button overflow symbol upper right. Depending on your make of phone I guess.

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Your screenshot figures look okay to me but if you're saying Android OS is getting dramatically worse...has happened to me...power down the phone for a minute or two then switch back on. By power down I mean long press on the on/off button till the power off or power down option comes up.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
About 2¼ hours after the first. Yes, something not right. In my case, Android OS and Wifi (which Google can use on my phone) were responsible. I powered down, then back on, and at that point in the battery graph you could see where it had stopped the Wifi dead, and I suppose Android OS working in tandem with it. Thereafter, battery use restored to normal.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Trying to insert screen shot to show my battery drain. Can anyone help a noob out?

What are you concerned about exactly? Is the phone new to you, or did you have better life before.
Android OS seems in the high but normal range. I am coming from a Note 3 but it's not too different.
If you can get 14 - 20 hours from 100%, but more importantly 4 - 5+ screen time without topping up you are doing fine. S4 owners correct me though.
It's more informative to also post the battery history details by touching the graph area in that screen, and the screen time by touching the 'screen' percentage, see below.
The GSam app will give you more detail again.
If you recently updated to KitKat, Android OS gets high for a while and syncing gets out of whack!

Ignore any details on mine as I started charging 90 minutes ago, or they are old GSam shots.

(@Belodion I will get back to you tomorrow with apps. I was watching the 'Tour' and ran out of battery! before a train home.)

7e9eba2a.jpg

gutemuna.jpg

9azave6u.jpg

umu3a4ug.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
My 3200 mah battery can drop drastically if I use about 2-3 hrs almost continuous screen time in the afternoon just browsing and posting, so I often get less than 8 - 10 hours. I got 2 days over a weekend recently with low screen time.
There are always some things you can do to improve life though. I don't know how long you've been on Android or the S4.

Welcome to Android Central btw.
Maybe head to the S4 main forum, or for your carrier, and search recent battery threads.

I had a long day in London but you can still get more help here. Perhaps tomorrow.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
We shan't be satisfied until you are. Could you post another battery usage screenshot after a few hours from charging, as well as give an idea of what you used the phone for during that time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2