Samsung note 3 touch wiz

A

AC Question

I have a problem first time in my Note 3 :

When I open my Note 3 ,usually SAMSUNG standard home page came. But, from today onwards, I got a page & menu "SELECT Touchwiz easy home" or "Touchwiz home". Is this Samsung's site? or a virus one? Can we select this one? I selected once. Immediately all my menu look changed whic is totally different and undesirable. Also all my incoming calls stopped coming?

I will be very much thankful if anyone solve my problem.

Venkatesan
Chennai

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you installed any 3rd party launchers recently? That menu is 'normal', and lets you select which launcher you want to use when hitting the Home Button. Now, your phone comes with two launchers pre-installed: Regular TouchWiz and "Easy Mode" TouchWiz. This is what you're seeing, the menu to choose which one of the two you want to access. Each one is it's own entity, so whatever you set up in one, will not reflect in the other, and as the name implies, "Easy Mode" is a watered-down version of TouchWiz meant to ease the use of the phone for beginners, so a lot of the menus and options available in 'regular' TouchWiz will not be there.

You can select which one you'd like to use and either select "Just Once" or "Always"; the first option will mean that every time you hit the Home button, you'll be prompted to select the launcher, and the latter means that every time you hit the Home button, it will always take you to your selection.

As for the incoming calls, any change in launchers shouldn't really affect anything. Are you able to make calls? Does your SIM work in another phone to receive calls?