My name is Marty and this is my first post,
    My friend Doc and I were messing around with stuff we probably shouldn't have and sent about 1.21 gigawatts through the headphone jack of my Galaxy S3. The phone went went blank and I feared it was a total loss. Surprisingly the phone turned back on and I thought all was right in the world. Not the case. I proceeded to mess around with stuff I probably shouldn't have and realized my headphone jack was kaput. That is a bummer but at least my phone still works. Just then my girlfriend Jennifer called me and after swiping to answer I the worst thing happened. I couldn't hear her and she couldn't hear me! Both the microphone and speaker are totally busted. After a few failed attempts troubleshooting the Doc had an idea. "Great Scott!" He shouted. "Just use speaker phone for the rest of your life." Now I have to be that guy in the restaurant trying to figure out if my dad said destiny or density to my mom. Jesus, it was a wonder I was even born. Anyway I can live with that. The strangest thing that was happening was my new text messages were disappearing from the history as if they never existed. It was then that I realized I sent my phone BACK TO THE FUTURE. The phone thought it was 2011. I quickly jumped into the settings and fixed the date and time. One problem solved... I hope. The one thing I cant live with is the battery drain. A full charge jumps to 80% immediately after unplugging and fully depletes in a few hours. I thought a new battery would solve this but it is the same story. I know this is not a common problem but wondering if you guys can help. Future thanks! I have to go now. Doc wants me to meet him at the Twin Pines Mall and he is real particular about the time.
    Thanks!
    belodion likes this.
    07-08-2014 11:23 PM
    Hello, what version of Android are you running? Is the phone modded or tampered with (rooted, etc.)? If not, sounds like you need a new phone! When did you get it?
    07-08-2014 11:36 PM
    Hey Marty:

Some possible fixes:

1. Clear the phones cache in recovery: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...2-s3-tab2.html

2. Recalibrate the speedometer. You might not be going 88 mph.

3. Factory reset

4. Threaten to send the phone to 1955.

Of those suggestions, I think 1 and 3 have the best chances of working.
    wizzrah likes this.
    07-08-2014 11:40 PM