Nexus 7 battery problem

A

AC Question

I have had my Nexus 7 for about 2 1/2 years now and just started having this problem. I charge my tablet to about 80-90% during the day then go to bed. On average, i watch about 2-3 hours of Netflix. Last night, when i fell asleep, (about and hour into my show) i checked the battery percentage. It was at 60%. I went to bed, and woke up a few hours later. I checked my percent and it was at 23%! I put my tablet in airplane mode, because I find that helps charge my tablet better. I woke up this morning, 5 hours later, to find my tablet saying it was at 23% and charging. It charges fine during the day, but not in the evening/night. I will try using my laptop for Netflix tonight and see if I still have that problem. I would like to find a way to fix this so i can also use my tablet during the day, not just at night.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you only using one particular outlet to charge at night? If so, maybe there's a problem with that outlet, since you're only noticing problems at night.