Gallery Downloads Folder is Missing

A

AC Question

I have a Droid Maxx. In my Gallery Photo Albums, I would save all of my text pictures that people sent me to an Album called "Downloads". I would push down on the picture and then select "Save Attachment". The phone would respond with a message called "Attachment Saved" and the picture would be saved in the Downloads Album.

The Album is now missing from my phone. I didn't delete it. I went to show someone pictures today from that album and it just wasn't there. Does anyone have any ideas as to what may have happened?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying that you can no longer see the Downloads album in your Gallery app? Can you confirm that the photos are still in the actual Downloads folder? You can do so by either opening the Downloads app or using a file manager to explore the Downloads folder.

Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select Gallery, and Clear Cache/Clear Data. When you reopen Gallery, let it repopulate, and see if the Downloads folder reappears.

kdailey

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
My downloads folder has disappeared as well. I am trying not to panic as there were some personally important pictures in that folder. I am anxious to hear of a way to recover the downloads folder. I did go to settings/apps/gallery and "cleared catch". That didn't do anything. I have restarted my phone as well. The folder is gone. I have looked in files and searched every folder and sub folder sd card memory and device. Can't find it! !!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay