Stuck in kids mode!!

A

AC Question

Help! I'm stuck in kids mode on my daughters galaxy tab 3 for kids. I have no idea what the password is to get to the parent settings. Is there a way to reset a password from kids mode?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Anybody believe this isn't the kid trying to bypass parental controls?

Is there an option for "Forgot my password"? That will send an email to the registered account with reset instructions.

jachterhof

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I am the parent I swear. :)
We bought it for my 5 year old for her b-day and it won't let me out of the kids mode. The instructions say 0000 is the factory password, but that doesn't work. I'm afraid she just unknowingly just pressed a bunch of # b/4 I tried to set it up.
I haven't seen the option "forgot password". I tried 10+ codes hoping it would offer something like that but it hasn't.

drberg1000

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I imagine it's to late to help the original poster but hopefully it'll help someone else.

Wiping the cache didn't work for me. What did work was to boot into safe mode then uninstall kids mode.

• Power Down
  • Turn on phone normally
  • Hold volume down while phone boots
  • Unlock phone
  • Select "TouchWiz Home"
  • Open App Drawer
  • Find "Kids Mode" icon
  • Touch and hold icon
  • Drag to uninstall
  • Reboot phone to exit safemode

Mamatrustar

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If I do the safe mode will I lose all of my pictures and information on my phone? My 2 year old some how locked me out and I cannot get out of kids mode, but I do not want to do a factory reset because I have tons of pictures and videos of my kids saved on my phone that I have not been able to back up yet.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If I do the safe mode will I lose all of my pictures and information on my phone? My 2 year old some how locked me out and I cannot get out of kids mode, but I do not want to do a factory reset because I have tons of pictures and videos of my kids saved on my phone that I have not been able to back up yet.
Sorry you didn't receive an answer. Safe Mode would not wipe anything. I hope you got it sorted.
If a post gets overlooked, you can start a thread of your own. It's not against the rules afaik. Or just bump your question by asking again.
Welcome.

nicole spur

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
I am about to lose my ever loving mind with this kids tab!! I, too, am locked in kids mode and the 0000 pin isn't working. My daughter can't remember which 4 numbers she bumbled through to get to the games when she opened this gift yesterday morning. I have tried everything recommended in this post and nothing's working. The only success I've had is putting it in safe mode, but my problem is that I am stuck in kids mode and I can't do anything, anything, anything in kids mode but play these dumb little games - so safe mode really doesn't help when you're stuck in kid's mode. You can't uninstall anything - only play games, change the screen brightness, and rotation options. Holding down power + volume-up does absolutely nothing even when I release them in the various combinations recommended in the various instructions I've tried so far. And no, in her haste, my daughter did not link this tab to any email address that might verify a pin/password for me. I'm regretting this purchase - that they didn't think, hmm, what if a child runs off, opens it up, and jumps right in without doing any of the proper, adult registration/setup? - About to pull my hair out:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance