Insurance Replacement Droid Razr Max HD or Droid Maxx

A

AC Question

Thank you so much in advance for any advice you can give me. :)

My same model, the Droid Razr Max HD, wasn't available at first so the Droid Maxx was reserved for me as insurance replacement for my dropped/damaged. I can keep this choice if I complete my claim within 24hours, otherwise it would revert to my original Droid Razr Max HD/same model assuming it is still available. It wasn't available upon first contact but became available a few hours later.

Pros and Cons that I have thought of (perhaps other important ones?)...

Pros to getting same model: familiarity / mini-sd card can be moved over easily (no external storage on droid maxx) / hdmi port though never used-no cord yet /

Pros to Droid Maxx: Newer model "Officially announced 05 Sep 2012 versus 23 Jul 2013 " / NFC compatible / longer stated battery life=600hours vs 372 hours standby / 10MP camera vs 8MP /

Link to other comparisons you may be thinking of:
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD vs Motorola DROID MAXX - Phone specs comparison
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD vs Motorola DROID Maxx - Phone Comparison

gummisnood

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Thank you STARGATE. It sounds like you don't think there are any major pitfalls or major advantages to the average user. Do you mind saying why you would keep the HD? Thanks again.

(+ any others who want to offer their opinion is certainly welcome and may help me decide what I should do. Thanks!)

I am the OP for this thread.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I would go for the Maxx HD. It's a newer phone + you're already familiar with it. I don't see why you should go with an older model. You'd be happier with the HD.

gummisnood

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh I mixed up the announcement dates in the OP...the Droid Maxx is the newer one so I was thinking of getting the newer one but I am also tempted to go with the one I already have with the mini-SD card available so I can swap it...but then again some nice features on the new Droid Maxx (they dropped the Razr moniker and it is no longer called "HD", I think due to no HDMI port).

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh I mixed up the announcement dates in the OP...the Droid Maxx is the newer one so I was thinking of getting the newer one but I am also tempted to go with the one I already have with the mini-SD card available so I can swap it...but then again some nice features on the new Droid Maxx (they dropped the Razr moniker and it is no longer called "HD", I think due to no HDMI port).

Interesting. If you have the opportunity to go with the newer version, go for it!

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay that's why I got a bit confused.
Then I agree with wizzrah; go with the newest model.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX