SD Card Not Appearing in Restricted Profile Asus MeMo 7

vmodus

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
We just got our latest KitKat devices in the office and this is our first time working with restricted user profiles. This is what I've got:
  • Asus MeMO Pad 7 (ME176CX), running the latest provided version of KitKat
  • 32GB MicroSD card
  • Two restricted profiles, in addition to the main user profile
I've put some files on the SD card with the tablet attached to a PC. Here's the problem. When I try to view files in the restricted profile, I cannot see the SD card at all. Essentially the SD card does not appear when using a restricted profile. This includes on my PC when viewing through a file manager. Once I switch profiles back to the main user (unrestricted), I can view the card.

I've searched the forums for a similar issue, but haven't come across this yet. This is our first KitKat device, but we have a couple of more coming online, so I would like to get this resolved as they will be similarly configured. Any help is greatly appreciated.

bskilbred

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
How did you get Restricted Profiles to work on the memo 7? I have the ME176 CX and it will not complete the setup of a restricted profile. I get a message stating that the wizard has failed and am left with a black home screen. Each time I try to login to the profile I get a message that the UI has stopped. I am also interested in how you were able to create more than 2 users. That appears to be my limit with my device. Sorry I cannot answer your question, but I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to help with mine. Thanks!

linus liedhollm

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
When you create the restricted account, open all apps for the user. And then, once you know that the restricted user is OK, start remove the apps.

Regarding the SD card, it does not work for me either. Seems to be limitation of android or is there anybody with an update?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar