Nexus 5 MMS Issues

A

AC Question

Hi, I own a Nexus 5 and my carrier is AT&T and my coverage is pretty good. I went from a iPhone 3Gs to a Galaxy S3 to a Nexus 4 to a iPhone 5s to a Nexus 5. Something I've noticed during my time with iPhones is that the messaging system is a bit more "stable." Pics, videos (unless they're too long), GIFs, etc. send just fine. Videos may be a bit compressed when it gets to you, but it seems to work properly.

Something I've noticed during my time with Android is that I always seem to have MMS issues lol. I've tried so many tweaks to my settings but nothing seems to work properly. I finally came across settings that kinda work, but occasionally, it'll tell me that my GIFs or pics or vids are too large to send. I really don't like using a bunch of different apps to get my messages across. I prefer sticking to one messaging app.

I'm currently using EvolveSMS as my default SMS app. I've tried plenty of apps from Hangouts (not a fan at all but that's a personal problem lol), Handcent, GoSMS, Textra, Hello. You name it and I've probably tried it lol. EvolveSMS is the SMS app that's been able to get the job done most of the time without a problem.

I'm just looking to get rid of this problem by having the best MMS settings that's guaranteed to work. Honestly, I don't care if I can't send videos. I'd actually use a different app like Vine or something if I needed to send videos to someone. My main concern is to be able to send pics and GIFs. If any of you can help me with that, I'd be very grateful. I tried re-sizing some of my pics but I honestly don't want to have to keep doing that just so I can send a pic. Is there anything else that I can do?

Nexus 5 Specs:
Android Version 4.4.4
ParanoidAndroid Version 4.42
Kernel Version: Franco Kernel #55

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital