Galaxy Note 3 no media playing through Bluetooth

S

Suzaku

I was at work listening to a podcast on my Note 3 through a Bluetooth headset when all the audio stopped. Calls worked fine and settings showed media playback through Bluetooth checked, but still no sound from music or the podcast.

I later tried on the Bluetooth in my car(2013 Nissan Altima and use the Bluetooth to listen to music from my phone everyday.) there was still no audio. The settings were the same, both boxes checked. Calls worked fine again.

I tried restarting the phone, pulling the battery, un-pairing and re-pairing both the headset and car.. still didn't work. Any ideas or tips to the cause?

I haven't even had the phone 4 months.

Gary Murphy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
as of today I have the same problem; I had been happily listening to TTS and music via bluetooth on this headset, and today I installed the Navigate gps maps app, and when I set it's TTS engine to use Google text-to-speech, the media channel to bluetooth ceased to make any sound -- apps still believe there is a channel, the Music app appears to play and Utter appears to speak, but no sound comes through the headset.

I have restarted, unpaired and repaired, unselected and reselected the media, still no sound on the media channel via BT, yet when I switch off the headset or if, in the Music player I select Sound On Device, the sound now plays through the phone speaker. Only the BT headset is silent and it is only silent on some apps, I even get voice prompts still from Voice Notify (that says it also uses Media for TTS) even though from that same setup menu I can access the Text-To-Speech options and play Listen To An Example and hear no sound!

Again, this is a new issue, the hardware all worked for months up until installing Navigate and setting it's TTS to use the system Text-To-Speech.

Gary Murphy

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
ok, now I feel stupid: somehow I must have set the media-channel volume to zero for only bluetooth!!

when I increased the volume with bluetooth activated, the volume slider showed it increasing from zero, and sure enough, first the music became audible, and the TTS checks also worked.

something to remember next time it goes silent.