Android not receiving text messages

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Give more details, please. Which phone, which wireless service, which messaging app. Stock messaging vs other service like WhatsApp? How's your cell reception? Have you spoken with your wireless provider?

DKern00

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. I will be texting back and forth and then all of a sudden I don't get their texts anymore. The only way I know they sent them is that I can see in on my carrier's logs and they can show me screen shots of their texts on their phones. Works fine then just stops

Info:
- Nexus 5
- AT&T
- Only AT&T texts, all others work fine including Google Voice (or so I think, not sure how to tell I haven't gotten texts I don't get)
- AT&T opened up a case after repeated calls, trying all sorts of resets, new sim card, etc. They aren't sure but will get back to me by 7/16. Right now they think it is the phone.
- I use Hangouts
- Tried going back to 3G from LTE and turning Wifi to "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Never. Doesn't seem to help but to early to tell for the second change.

Kirk Moldstad

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem

Nexus 5 32GB - AT&T
Replaced SIM twice
Tried LTE, 3G, and 2G same result
Replaced phone once
Factory reset 5+ times
Spent a month and a half with AT&T on the phone to have them tell me the the nexus 5 is a unlocked phone and they won't help me anymore....