No lock screen keyboard

A

AC Question

I uninstalled my Swype keyboard and was in the process of reinstalling a new one when my phone screen shut off. Now, on the lock screen, no keyboard pops up when I try to enter my password, only the Google Voice red button, which doesn't actually record anything. It just stays statically in red 'waiting for results.' When I press the keyboard image next to the password input box, the 'Choose Input Method' option shows up, with no options to select from.

How can I get past this little snaffo which has completely locked me out of my phone?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Any solutions? Anybody? This can't be that hard to resolve, you would think.

Oh dear. This is getting missed. I hope you are not on the same sandwich!
You could also ask in your phone forum, and ask in 'Introductions' , under Android Central Community.

Meanwhile try clearing cache in recovery. What phone was it?
If a Samsung, power off, wait, hold volume up button, power button and Home button together. Wait for recovery screen, scroll down with volume button to green choices upper left to clear cache partition, select with power button, takes a few seconds, reboot with power button.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

TandroyFoty

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind, I managed to reboot it and clear the cache partition. Did nothing. Still boots to the lock screen and requires a password, while Google Voice does not recognize any sounds.

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it will help, but try forcing the phone into Safe Mode: with phone on (and at the lock screen), press and hold power button until menu pops up. Now, press and hold "Power off" until Reboot into safe mode query pops up.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yup. If you haven't found anything else a wipe data / master reset is the best option.
I did it once recently and it's not so bad. Hook a usb for copying files, try syncing and backing up with Kies, check your Samsung account log in on a pc and sync if you can with Samsung. If you don't get an answer on the other forums here I would go for it. You'll get your phone back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig