Looking for app to turn off phone at night or alarm only when phone is on

boxer03

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi:

I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi:

I use my phone intermittently - sometimes it is on and sometimes it is off. When it is turned on, I'm looking for an app that will remind me to turn the phone off at night. Ideally the app will either power off the phone completely or sound an alarm at a specified time which will remind me to turn it off.

I've tried the alarm clock function on the phone but that works even when the phone is turned off so it is not helpful.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.

boxer03

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
For reminders I recommend the free app 'Remind Me'.

Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off. :)

Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Do you know if the "Remind Me" app will only work when the phone is turned on?

I only need the reminder when the phone is turned on - I wouldn't want an app that turns my phone on only to remind me to turn it off. :)

Also can a user easily set a daily reminder?

The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

boxer03

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
The calendar reminder will go off only when the phone is on. So if you turn your phone off earlier than the reminder, you will get it the next morning.
Setting it is easy. With the calendar app pick the time you want to be reminded, when you get the details, scroll down to repeat, turn it on, and set for daily.
It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It worked and I didn't need to download a new app. Just wish the reminder notification rang a little longer so I'd be sure to hear it - I've set multiple reminders so hopefully that helps. Anyway it's better than where I was before. Thanks.

If you don't really use the calendar for anything else, you should be able to change the notification tone to a ringtone.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App