M8 fastboot issues

A

AC Question

Hey there- I'm having troubles with my 2 day old M8. I'm currently waiting for HTC warranty, but I do not want to be out of a phone for 2 weeks- I have no backup device!

It happened so suddenly, so I can't say that I did anything to it. I have't even tried to modify the phone in any way. No unlocking bootloader, ROM swapping, etc.

So, when it turns on it goes right to fastboot, and I've tried all the options in here and including going into "HBOOT" and trying the options there. It's worth mentioning that if I select any option with "reboot" in it, the M8 will just shut down.

Absolutely nothing works, not even factory restore or recovery. I do know that I enabled the "fastboot" option before this issue arose, and I'm suspecting that to be the culprit.

When connected over USB, HTC Sync detects it and the phone goes into "FASTBOOT USB" mode.

So- if someone could let me know IF it's possible to wipe the ram, or the cache (dalvik?), or something (that won't void the warranty) over ADB and if so, how to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781