How do you access the Voice Recorder app on LG G3?

remarize

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, so I frequently use voice recording and now that I have switched to the LG G3, I am unable to access the Voice Recorder. I figured that I can record voice through the messaging and quickmemo app, but it seems to only record for 10 min max. I don't want to download another app, and I am sure that there must be an easier way to do this. Thanks!

RisaAudr

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hope that I am not necro-ing too old a thread, but just got a G3 myself as it's old enough for the price to have come down and was needing an answer to the same question.

Below I pasted a solution found elsewhere, but figured it'd be useful enough here. Long story short AT&T has hidden the app from even the app's menu so you have to manually create a shortcut for it:

'Download "QucikShortcutMaker" from google play store and then under "activities" scroll down to voice recorder. From there, select "Voice Recorder" - it gives a dropdown. Select the one that says "com.lge.voicerecorder/com.lge.voicerecorder.VoiceRecorder" and then click "create." There ya go! You get the application back that AT&T so graciously took out for you.'

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hope that I am not necro-ing too old a thread, but just got a G3 myself as it's old enough for the price to have come down and was needing an answer to the same question.

Below I pasted a solution found elsewhere, but figured it'd be useful enough here. Long story short AT&T has hidden the app from even the app's menu so you have to manually create a shortcut for it:

'Download "QucikShortcutMaker" from google play store and then under "activities" scroll down to voice recorder. From there, select "Voice Recorder" - it gives a dropdown. Select the one that says "com.lge.voicerecorder/com.lge.voicerecorder.VoiceRecorder" and then click "create." There ya go! You get the application back that AT&T so graciously took out for you.'

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Welcome as a new member and thank you for sharing the tip. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles