LG G2 Receives Emoticons as Question Marks! HELP!

A

AC Question

Hey,

I have an LG G2 and I've had since May 2014 and I always use the SMS app that comes with the phone. I like to send emoticons, especially the ones that look like this ( ~. ~) and I have an app that I downloaded from the play store that has a bunch that look like this and whenever I send them to any of my contacts, they always receive them. However, when my friend sends me the same emoticons, they show up as question marks, like this ?? _ ?? or ????
My friend has a Samsung Galaxy, don't know if it's s2 or s3.
The only time I ever receive them is when my sister sends them to me, but she also has the same phone.
I've already tried calling LG but they were no help. Pretty much told me to reboot my phone.
If someone could please help I'd very much appreciate it!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's likely a compatibility issue between devices and/or version of Android. Does it happen with all characters or just that one with the?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dababas22

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Same person who posted this question here , decided to make an account. I am replying via my lg g2.
Anyways, my friend has tried sending me these: (;>_<;) (っ╥﹏╥)っ ( ˘ ³˘)♥ ( ・ิω・ิ)
When I send him those, they show up like that and he is able to view them. When he sends them to me, they show up as:
??_?? Or ?????
I can only see them correctly from my sis who also has an lg g2.
The app that I am using is called emoticon keyboard.

Thank you so much for replying. Looking forward to any possible solutions. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac