Galaxy S4 connects to wifi but no Internet (2)

Chase Patton

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I saw another thread with the same title but no recent posts so I figured maybe nobody would see my post and help me out.

Anyway, I can connect to any wifi network I want except for the one at work. I used to be able to connect to it without any issues but recently I've been having no luck. I tried to follow the directions in that thread about changing it from dchp to static and the dns stuff. After I connect to the wifi (which is not password protected?) A Web page tries to load where I would then put in a fake email address and my location and then it'd let me on. Now when said Web page tries to load it just constantly says "redirecting" and will never let me get to page where I need to add my location and fake email.

The super weird part is numerous coworkers also have S4's and I've disconnected and connected their phones to the same wifi connection and no such Web page pulls up for them. It connects no problem and they can go about their business. Why is this only happening to my phone?

Also, their user interfaces are a little different than my phone. Menus are a tad different, certain settings, etc. Same versions of android and same model phone. Why is that?

Thanks for any help.

Oh yeah, our IT department tried connecting my phone and couldn't figure out the problem. They just gave me the "it's a problem with your phone" jazz so they were no help.

Posted via Android Central App