Samsung galaxy player 5.0 frustration in disassembly

why_android

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, after a few years, my galaxy player experienced some water damage which shorted out the power button. I was able to get it running again by the hands of the gods, but the power button had no use left, it would only give a battery logo when I plugged it into a charger, so painfully close to getting back in. The SD card is still intact, and I long since gave up on the piece of [work] but I recently remembered I needed some files out of there for my portfolio. So I set my work table to disassemble it, when I had come across a problem. The fiend knew how to leave me hanging so close to progress its almost as if I'm fated to never retrieve anything from it. The last screw holding the housing together I found out was completely stripped. One screw away and I would've been done in minutes. But no, I've spent all day trying to open the thing, even went out and bought superglue to try and hard-turn it. I'm sitting here with a corded drill wondering if there is a way I can just get inside the housing with that last screw so badly stripped

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo