Download messge will not clear from notifications

A

AC Question

I just recently completed upgrading to Android 4.3

Since the upgrade a message saying "varmobileApplicationsB... Download Complete" keeps appearing in my notifications. I can swipe it away but it comes back in a minute or so. If I tap it, it takes me to my Gallery.

Anyone know what this is or how to get rid of?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using? Do you know what app this varmobile download is associated with? If so, go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and Clear Cache.

If you tell us what device you have, we might also be able to tell you how to clear the system cache partition, which might fix this problem.

MichaelJS

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using? Do you know what app this varmobile download is associated with? If so, go to Settings>Apps, select that app, and Clear Cache.

If you tell us what device you have, we might also be able to tell you how to clear the system cache partition, which might fix this problem.

I have a Galaxy S3. I have no idea what app this is associated to, but I suspect it may have something to do with the gallery since tapping it takes me there. I have cleared cache and rebooted several times but it keeps coming back. I am not familiar with clearing the system cache partition

MichaelJS

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Clearing the system cache did not work.

After a lot of trail and error I figured out where the issue was. Long story short, I was able to find the Download Manager in the applications list and had to do a Clear Data on it. I first tried Clear Cache but that did not work. After the Clear Data I have not seen the message come back.

Thanks for your help.