Special characters on russian ROM.

A

AC Question

Hi, I have a china phone and the russians make some awesome roms for it, but I have a problem, even after changing the language and the keyboard, all special characters are still in russian, I speak portuguese so I need "ã" ´õ" "é" "ç" "à" "ê", and none of these show up, how do I change that? Changing ROMs is not an option, reddit and xda have failed me, help please?

TrobB

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
OP here, thanks for being the first and only person to answer something. Nope, I installed swiftkey and I don't even know why but all languages latin special characters are in russian characters, I don't know about that but does android have that "utf-8" and "unicode" option hidden somewhere?

TrobB

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Awwwwwww yeah, thanks bro your suggestions made me think about something and I solved it by myself. Problem is the system font, "roboto" can be found on google fonts and you can download it there for use on costume roms, websites and other. The problem is, there are a lot of "optional" special characters that you can choose, latin characters, russian characters, the more you choose the bigger the file, I imagine the russian that made my rom though only russians would use the rom and "saved space" (or didn't even though about anything) and selected only russian characters. So what I did was downloading the roboto's font family on google with latin characters and replacing the system fonts using a root explorer tool (mine is fx). Russian characters gone and my rom is perfect again.

TL;DR : fonts have hidden optional characters when downloading them, I replaced the fonts manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac