micro sd card not found on my computer.

A

AC Question

Hello I am new to smartphones. My 64 gb micro sd card is not recognized on my computer . In settings/storage it says there is no sd card. On the scroll menu it says Damaged sd card please format. This I have done this several times with no luck. I have tried the two micro sd card I own and still no recognition? I have put the card in the only available slot I have. Blu Life Play x

Thank you.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

So, the problem is having your PHONE recognize the SD card or your COMPUTER? I'm confused... If it's the phone, according to the specs it only supports cards up to 32GB, and remember that Android phones usually can't read NTFS-formatted cards, you need FAT32 or Ex-FAT (the latter is usually better for larger files).

If it's your computer that won't read it, what happens if you insert the card in a phone? Does it read it? If not, it may be that the card actually is damaged...

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. which phone do you have. it sounds like you are saying you have tried to read the 64gb both on a pc slot, and in the phone storage settings while in the device. You may have 2 corrupt cards. Have you left it in the phone and connected via usb to see if you have storage for 2 devices recognised. Sounds like that will not work. Did you have any data on the 64gb, or tried to add some from a pc and phone and see if it registers?

ON EDIT: ^^What he says!:D

Last edited:

Douglas Crabb

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU MADD54.Lets see, I have brand new blu life play x which the specs say ok to use 64 micro sd card. Under settings/storage it says no sd card. I have in possesion a pny and sandisk 64 gb cards, On the desktop I can swipe from the very top of screen and another menu appears saying Damaged sd card,try reformatting. I have about 28 gb of pictures on sandisk and o gb on pny card. The computer will bring up the android menu for the phone,but no file for the sd card

Douglas Crabb

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Spookdroid.Lets see, my computer recognizes the phone files but without the sd card showing.My phone under settings/storage says NO SD CARD.
The specs for this phone says ok to use 64 micro sd card. Now your question as to fat 32 or ntfs I have no idea. How do i find out?
The two cards I have a pny and sandisk 64 gb micro sd card have been working well in my wifes Nikon coolpix l820

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Part of the confusion is the terminology you're using. I think you were referring to your phone as a "computer," and although many smartphones are as powerful as computers from a few years ago, we still need to be able to distinguish them from one another. Also, Android doesn't have a "desktop"--the analogous screen is called the homescreen (which functions much like the old Windows desktop).

Remove the microSD cards and insert them into your computer, using a fullsize SD card adapter (which are very cheap to buy, if your cards didn't come with one). Can your computer (PC or Mac) actually read the cards? If so, back up the data on them now, since the cards may be corrupt, and you could easily lose the data if the corruption worsens.

Next, if you're using a PC, run chkdsk on the cards to identify any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html. If the program finds any bad sectors, it will isolate them, which might be enough to repair the card. Try inserting the card back into the phone and see how they work.

Douglas Crabb

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Thank you.B Diddy. Well my luck as I was going to bed I re-checked my settings/storage on my blu phone and wolla! THERE IS MY SD CARD showing 59 gb's. The message is I should reformat,I AM NOT! I used my brand new PNY 65 GB MICRO CARD. I have not got around to my SANDISK MICRO CARD. I am leaving for a ten day vacation to California. I will start a new question on how do I use this micro card to my advantage. Thank you all for the help. It really helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2