Can SOMEONE give me a hand here? I'm going nuts.

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone to watch anime online. So earlier yesterday I got a message showing across my phone that said "Unlock device to use as media device" . I had no idea what this was I just tried watching again
But for some reason it doesn't allow me to click on the video and watch. So I tried reseting, turning it off and on, removing the battery, sd card, NOTHING has worked. That message still shows and it's getting on my nerves. So can someone tell me what I should do.

(I also tried calling the customer support. As nice as she was she didn't know either).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device are you using, running which version of Android? What wireless carrier are you using? What site are you using to watch the anime? Are you accessing via wi-fi or mobile data?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I checked out that site (it's actually animepalm.tv now), and I wonder if that message was actually a popup ad. Try watching a video again, and if you see that message again, see if there is a close button (like an X in a corner of the message), or press the Back button.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. It says "Unlock Device to Use as a Media Device" on the lockscreen--so if you unlock the device by swiping to unlock or entering your PIN or whatever, then what do you do? I assume you go to the browser and try to watch the video on animepalm.tv. So you try to watch a video on that site through the browser? If those videos use Flash, then you typically won't be able to view them, since Flash is not officially supported by Android any more (although there are some browsers that will support older Flash versions, if you can find them). Were you ever able to view those videos on your phone, and suddenly you can't?

I would also be very cautious about that site in general. When I checked it out, there were a number of popups and redirects when selecting a few options (one link redirected me to the Google Play Store). One of the sponsor ads was showing a video that was ... interesting, to say the least.

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
That's what I have trouble understanding myself. IF I knew how to post a photo to the site I would....but I'm clueless. No I watch the video itself through the Android System. Before this happened I would go to the site and click the video, giving me the choices of Video Player or Android. Now all it does it just show a shot of the episode and when I click it it does nothing.

I'm sorry you saw that. Honestly I never payed attention and believe it or not never even seen those ads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463