galaxy note3 notifications

A

AC Question

hi,
I have a Galaxy note3 and the notifications are driving me nuts. I have turned off what i could find. I even uninstalled knox because it wouldn't allow me to unstick the notification tick. and now the bloody phone is notifying me that i have no notifications arrrrrgh! can anyone please help me stop all notifications and tell me how to choose the ones i want?
its the only thing I hate about android. I want to be able to turn off and turn on what i want not what you think i should like or need! I miss my knox but like i said I couldn't stand the notification sounds.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Sorry for the delay.
If it's the sounds and vibrations you want to turn off, I will go through the myriad of settings available first in case you missed one.
You may not want to turn them all off. You will still get more from apps and need to find them as they come. I still get a loud chirp from Samsung app updates that's annoying, I will have to find a setting again!

Sound - Volume - Notification slide
Sound - Samsung Applications - Message/Email/Splanner - touch accounts + priority senders - select None, vibration off
Sound - Default Notification sound - None

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Sorry for the delay.
If it's the sounds and vibrations you want to turn off, I will go through the myriad of settings available first in case you missed one.
You may not want to turn them all off. You will still get more from apps and need to find them as they come. I still get a loud chirp from Samsung app updates that's annoying, I will have to find a setting again!

Sound - Volume - Notification slide
Sound - Samsung Applications - Message/Email/Splanner - touch accounts + priority senders - select None, vibration off
Sound - Default Notification sound - None

You can go to the application manager and go to Galaxy apps (Samsung apps if not updated) and untick the show notifications box. Or you can try to disable the auto updates or select automatically update

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
You can go to the application manager and go to Galaxy apps (Samsung apps if not updated) and untick the show notifications box. Or you can try to disable the auto updates or select automatically update

Thanks. It happens rarely - once/twice a week - but it makes me jump! I always say I'll leave it to next time. LOL

Do carriers like Verizon add notification sounds above stock note 3's ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It happens rarely - once/twice a week - but it makes me jump! I always say I'll leave it to next time. LOL

Do carriers like Verizon add notification sounds above stock note 3's ?

Yes Verizon sets it's ring tone and notification sound as default.

Verizon probably has the most carrier modifications. The boot screen has Verizon, back cover too. My note 2 had Verizon on the home button. The g3 has Verizon on the front. Charging cables have a Verizon specific sticker. Verizon phones also have a suite of Verizon apps.

It isn't always adding, my Verizon note 2 had the Wireless charging connectors covered. You had to physically modify the back to use wireless charging.

ybu5ude3.jpg

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes Verizon sets it's ring tone and notification sound as default.

Verizon probably has the most carrier modifications. The boot screen has Verizon, back cover too. My note 2 had Verizon on the home button. The g3 has Verizon on the front. Charging cables have a Verizon specific sticker. Verizon phones also have a suite of Verizon apps.

It isn't always adding, my Verizon note 2 had the Wireless charging connectors covered. You had to physically modify the back to use wireless charging.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/20/ybu5ude3.jpg

I was shown the Verizon dial pad, and no service menus also.

These changes must be either carried out in house in the US, or by a separate Samsung line.
I imagine they accept production errors occur often, and are quick to exchange a customer's phone. So a lot of waste, a lot of unhappy customers, and a poorer bottom line. All in the cause of marketing.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro