Samsung 3 lite 7' internet connection problem

A

AC Question

Yesterday I brought 2 identical tablets. both worked fine for a few hours. Now one says its connected to our wifi but wont connect to any internet pages. Date and time is correct. The only difference I can see in the settings on the two devices is that the working one lists an IP address when the wifi connection is tapped on. The Status, signal strength, speed, and security comments are identical on both, just the IP address missing on the one that wont work.

Any Ideas? I have seen some old resolutions to a similar problem but the steps / options described arnt all available as described on my tablet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On the tablet that isn't working, go to Settings>Wi-fi, long-press your wi-fi network, then Modify Network, then check "Show advanced options." Is the IP Settings set to DHCP? That's the preferred easy setting.

jdubreb

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, the tablets are SM-T110 black case Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite. They will connect to an outside Wifi, but when I bring them home, they connect to my network and I can even pull down movies and music from my cloud but nothing from the internet, chrome, or web based apps, such as youtube. And as, B.Diddy suggested all are set to DHCP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781