Galaxy S5 - Now on 2nd phone - So many issues

A

AC Question

OMG!

I thought Motorola hardware was crap. After 4 years of them, I said screw this... Went with latest Galaxy S5 Samsung.
I've had the following issue with a brand new phone:

-Camera Error (dumps camera - power cycle to fix)

-Power Button won't turn on screen only lower "touch icons". (power button cycle 1-2 more times brings screen up)

-Youtube won't play ANY video completely through. Stop sin middle (must press > again on screen to continue videos)

-Audio cuts out during streaming (like Pandora) and also with MP3 directly on device.

-Keyboard suddenly closes out during texting and more.

-Slow to charge with original USB cable/AC wall adapter

-During Youtube videos, sometimes the camera will "just come on".

-Terrible low like video and picture captures. Some of the worst I've seen on any phone

-Camera fails to focus quickly to capture quick pix, etc. Requires me to press on screen first.

What's been done WITH VERIZON to fix issues:

-Power cycle
-Network refresh on Verizon's side
-Factory Refresh after Cloud Backup.

Now at point Verizon sending me a whole new S5 overnight.

WTF? I've NEVER had sooo many issues with a brand new phone.

I told Verizon that if this new S5 doesn't fix ALL my problems, I'm demanding a switch over to a whole new brand or iphone.

They kinda agreed... but want me to try a new S5 first.

Anyone else getting this BS?

Wow.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yikes.:-\ That's all pretty bad. If you encounter more issues like this with the new phone, I would suggest a couple of things:

1. Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the system cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support. This is especially helpful after a major system update.

2. Make sure you're not using the same microSD card that you had on the previous S5. Try using the new S5 either without a microSD, or with a different card. If the microSD card from the previous S5 was corrupt for some reason (which is a fairly common complaint with Samsung devices), then it may cause the same problems in your new phone. If you have the old microSD card with you, try inserting it into your Windows computer (if you have one) using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one). Then run chkdsk on it to see if there are any bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html