SAMSUNG GALAXY STRATOSPHERE II issues

A

AC Question

I have had this phone for a year and all of a sudden, I am having sound issues. The sound comes and goes. I will get phone calls and not even realize I have a received one because it didn't ring. It still vibrates, just doesn't ring. Then, all of a sudden..wham, the sound is back!! I have went to the Verizon website and tried their quick fixes to no avail, any ideas???

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have had this phone for a year and all of a sudden, I am having sound issues. The sound comes and goes. I will get phone calls and not even realize I have a received one because it didn't ring. It still vibrates, just doesn't ring. Then, all of a sudden..wham, the sound is back!! I have went to the Verizon website and tried their quick fixes to no avail, any ideas???
Have you performed a factory reset? Give that a try (backup/sync your data first) then reboot and setup the phone. Adjust the sound levels accordingly and see if it is fixed. if it's not, then it's likely something with the device - software or hardware. At that point you'll need to send for repair, either to Verizon or Samsung (likely Samsung).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does any sound work at all? If not, then it could be a hardware problem. I agree with trying a factory reset, but before doing that you could also try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data. Follow the steps in this video, but instead of selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, make sure you select Wipe Cache Partition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66q0TWJgaho