sch i535pp

A

AC Question

Hi i have a prepaid verizon s3 can't get it past the activation screen may be running android 4.3 is there any way to bypass the activation screen or is there a custom rom for it? I don't need it to make phone calls as long as it will be used on wifi only

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi i have a prepaid verizon s3 can't get it past the activation screen may be running android 4.3 is there any way to bypass the activation screen or is there a custom rom for it? I don't need it to make phone calls as long as it will be used on wifi only
Is there way way to cancel it? You should be able to simply skip or cancel the activation process. Hold the power button until it turns off then reboot. Skip that process then setup using WiFi.

nbam915

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Is there way way to cancel it? You should be able to simply skip or cancel the activation process. Hold the power button until it turns off then reboot. Skip that process then setup using WiFi.

have tried everything but I only get 2 screens, select language and then the phone call for the activation when it fails it just keeps prompting to try again later. It is a 3g version without the sim card not sure it that affects it

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Its gonna be stuck in those two screens until its activated. Verizon has some security feature where they do that for when a phone gets stolen & hard resetted. I had a Samsung fascinate that did that to me when I bought it off Craigslist & the girl didn't reset it so I did & it locked up like that till I turned it on thru my account

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Sebastian Zamora

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
To bypass, you can just act like you're gonna activate the device. It'll forget to ask for billing info. Then, you'll move straight onto TouchWiz 4.3. You can update to KitKat if you so desire to. Try staying on 4.3 and download towelroot, it might succeed!

nick91

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I bought Verizon branded i535pp as a refurb on eBay. I want to use it in the Tracfone BYOP program. I got the MEID from the seller in advance, and i checked in on Tracfone BYOP checker, and it passed. As soon as I got the phone I called Tracfone to set it up for the BYOP. They accepted it and activated it on their end, but to complete the activation I have to dial *22890. When I turn on the phone it goes to the "Setup Wizard" that tries to automatically activate it with Verizon. The dial pad displays, but there is no send button, so I can't dial *22890. It allows emergency calls, and there's a send button on the dial pad for that, but it filters the numbers dialed and entering the code number just displays "this is not an emergency number." Tracfone support says that means the phone is locked to Verizon, and I need to call Verizon to get it unlocked. After several frustrating calls to Verizon's touchtone hell I finally got a human being, and he said he can't unlock or "release" the phone, and it can only be activated on Verizon, and I should call Tracfone for help. It's the classic runaround; each party blames the other.

None of the pattern tap or *code methods to bypass the setup wizard work on this phone. So I can't get to the settings menu. When I connect the phone by USB to the computer it sees only "phone" menu, and seems to block access to anything meaty in the bootloader or operating system.

So can ANYONE please help with a way to skip or escape from the Setup Wizard or flash the phone so it doesn't run the wizard at bootup? I've been trying for two months now to get an S3 working with Tracfone BYOP, and have gone through 4 S3's of various models trying.

nick91

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I got it to work. I went thru Setup Wizard to activate with Verizon prepaid but elected to pay later. I was given a phone number and gained access to the dial pad and to all the system settings. I couldn't dial out because I put no money in the Verizon prepaid account yet. I dialed the *22890 code and the phone was setup again as a Tracfone and given a new phone number. I received a text msg saying welcome to Tracfone and the new phone number. I then made several phone calls.

Note that I had already done the setup with Tracfone Bring Your Own Phone in advance of this. I was afraid that activating it with Verizon would wipe out the setup I already did with Tracfone, but instead it worked out. This has been a long and tedious grind, but it now works. Tracfone charges $100 for a one year activation plus 400 minutes, which automatically tripples to 1200 minutes plus 1200 texts plus 1200 MB of data. Extra data is expensive with Tracfone, but I am not a heavy data user so I don't care.

MartinK 011

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I got it to work. I went thru Setup Wizard to activate with Verizon prepaid but elected to pay later. I was given a phone number and gained access to the dial pad and to all the system settings. I couldn't dial out because I put no money in the Verizon prepaid account yet. I dialed the *22890 code and the phone was setup again as a Tracfone and given a new phone number. I received a text msg saying welcome to Tracfone and the new phone number. I then made several phone calls.

Great to hear that you went through the activation screen. The odd is that I cannot find the pay later option that you described. Can you tell me how to get to that option screen?
By the way, you mentioned that you were given a phone number after the activation, isn't it because you already have a Verizon account, regardless of prepaid or else?
I have no account and my i535PP (3g only no sim slot) has never been activated before, but I hope it works with mine also. FYI I'm outside the U.S., no Verizon signal.

Chris Hawkins3

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site

Note that I had already done the setup with Tracfone Bring Your Own Phone in advance of this. I was afraid that activating it with Verizon would wipe out the setup I already did with Tracfone, but instead it worked out. This has been a long and tedious grind, but it now works. Tracfone charges $100 for a one year activation plus 400 minutes, which automatically tripples to 1200 minutes plus 1200 texts plus 1200 MB of data. Extra data is expensive with Tracfone, but I am not a heavy data user so I don't care.

How were you able to get a verizon prepaid phone to tracfone? I tried to move my verizon prepaid s3 to straight talk, and they told me that my phone was unable to be activated on their service.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLegend