Galaxy s5 screen turns back on after turning it off

A

AC Question

So I bought the galaxy s5 around when it first came out and about a moth ago I started having a problem where the screen would turn right back on after turning the device off. At first the screen only turned back on once, but now last time it happened I counted and it was about 7 times i had to hit that power button until it was off for sure. this gets really annoying because if i want a quick glance at the time i will turn off the screen and it will turn back on almost like I am having a battle with my phone.

So i have dropped this phone a number of times but i have a Belkin AIR PROTECT™ Grip Candy SE Protective Case for Galaxy S5 which is shock absorbent so i would be surprised if thats the problem. Another thing to note is that i have my all of my gestures off so that isn't the problem either. I have been having other problems with the Galaxy s5 but this has by far been the most annoying and frustrating and i am waiting for the iPhone 6 for a switch back to an apple device because I am sick of all of these android problems, but until then I'm stuck with this thing so i would at least like a less painful experience. This is my 2nd Gs5 model because the other one had a different problem so I'm just sick of this phone. I have been looking up this problem ever since it started but i have found nothing so i got sick of searching and wanted to ask if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it.

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure there isn't anything that might be generating an electromagnetic field nearby, since it could be activating and/or deactivating the smartcover sensor inadvertently (which could cause the screen to go to sleep or wake up). Also, boot into Safe Mode to make sure no 3rd party app is causing the problem: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10696

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC