Which tab for my Kid?

Ishrath Nawaz

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning to buy a Tab for my kid. This is a new brand in the market and it has the following specs. Do you guys recommend the following combination. It's obviously going to be more for games and learning, but I still need advice as the 512 Ram is worrying me. The only reason that I am buying this is because it's the cheapest of the lot and I can get good technical support since it's a local brand.

Kindly advise if this is a good buy in terms of the RAM and Processor. Or whether I should think again.

Thanks in advance.

SPECS:

Brand Ambrane
Model ID AK-7000 Kids
Processor 1 GHz Cortex-A9 Dual Core
Voice Call No
PLATFORM
Operating System Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Sensors Automatic Display for 4 Directions, 3-axis Gravity Sensor
MEMORY
RAM 512 MB DDR3
ROM 4 GB

STORAGE
Expandable Storage Capacity 32 GB
Memory Card Slot type microSD
DISPLAY
Display Type 7 inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with 1024 x 600 pixels
CAMERA
Primary Camera 2 megapixels
Secondary Camera 0.3 megapixels
BATTERY
Battery Type 3000 mAh
INTERNET CONNECTIVITY
Wi-Fi Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
3G Yes
Pre-Installed Browser Android
MULTIMEDIA
Video Playback Yes
Video Formats Supported MOV, AVI, MP4, MKV, WMV
Audio Formats Supported DTS, M4A, MP3, WAV, AMR, FLAC, RA, WMA, APE, OGG, MP1, AAC, MP2, AC3
CONNECTIVITY
Other Connectivity Features Micro USB with OTG Support, 1 x DC Jack, 3G via Dongle
USB Yes, Micro USB
Audio Jack 3.5 mm Headphone Jack
DIMENSIONS
Dimensions 197 x 125 x 11.5 mm

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would avoid these cheap off-brand devices, because you'll get what you paid for--a high chance of faulty hardware or firmware, little to no support, and likely no access to the Google Play Store (which might not matter to you, depending on where in the world you live).

What's your budget? There are cheap tablets that you can get for under $100 from better-known manufacturers, like Lenovo, Acer, and Asus.