Nova Launcher Dock on the side instead of bottom

A

AC Question

I have a 2014 Galaxy Note 10.1 and I'm using NOVA launcher. How do I get the dock to show vertically on the right side of the screen instead of the horizontally on the bottom of the screen?

moorman

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This does nothing other than prevent the screen from rotating. The dock icons remain firmly planted along the bottom of the screen, which in landscape, is the long side. It's a shame that there doesn't seem to be an option. Loved my layout on the Nexus 7, but cannot replicate it on the Note 10.1.

yanksno1

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I was trying to do the same thing on my new Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and can't get it going too. Loved the look on the Nexus 7 in landscape (forcing the dock to the right, and the search bar on the left).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this in portrait or landscape? It looks like Nova puts the dock on the right edge in landscape, and along the bottom in portrait, and you can't adjust that.

Gigga Wc

Feb 17, 2019
Visit site
Hello, if you go to android settings > display > display size, set to large,
the dock will show up on the right side in landscape mode.
I use an Samsung sm t580 rooted, android pie

Mickchilders

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and fixed it. I have two identical galaxy tab s2 10.1 tablets, one leaves the dock on the bottom at either orientation and the other keeps the dock next to the home button. The icons rotate in place but do not move to the bottom of the landscape screen.

I copied the nova settings from one to the other so they are identical settings and no luck. So I looked at the screen zoom in android's

Settings -> Display -> screen zoom and font -> screen zoom

and this is where they were different. On my tablet that keeps the dock with the home button, the zoom was in the middle. I mived it one notch lower and now the dock stays on the bottom of the screen in either orientation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol