LG Keyboard has stopped

A

AC Question

My LG phone is displaying the message, "Unfortunately, LG Keyboard has stopped." I can not text or use anything which requires use of the keyboard. This phone is not even a month old yet. NOT HAPPY!!!!!

PATRICIALVIM

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
LG L80
M keyboard stopped working. Ive tried to clear cache, clear data and force stop, it idnt work. I've tried to reset my phone to factory default, it didnt work. I'm really really upset. What options do I have?

Robinrene13

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I have an LG Android from Straight Talk. I've had it under a year. I noticed my storage running low so I deleted some unused apps. Suddenly I received a notice that my LG keyboard was not working. I deleted more apps and restarted. Still popped up. I deleted all my texts and hundreds of photos and restarted. Still popped up. Someone suggested I go to my app manager and force stop the LG Keyboard, but I don't have any LG keyboard listed under my apps. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

TX lady

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a LG G2. The keyboard would mis spell and space bar inop. Tried the force stop and clear data. No change. Downloaded the Google Keyboard. Went to settings, input and made Google keyboard default. Works perfect and the speech to text is wonderful. No more having to type. Just say what you want to text.

IluvTechnology

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
To solve this issue I would suggest these steps; go to settings-> apps-> all apps-> lg keyboard-> clear data-> force stop. Afterward scroll back to running apps locate lg keyboard press it then go to; settings-> press gear symbol next to lg keyboard-> Select INPUT LANGUAGE AND TYPE-> select the gear symbol next to QWERTY KEYBOARD-> select PHONE KEYBOARD. After restart your phone and everthing should work like new! Good luck!!

IluvTechnology

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Try to look in running apps and all apps, it should be in one or both of them. You can access the keyboard data and memory interface where you can clear the data and forcestop, afterwards restart phone. Sometimes apps crash when they are running for long periods of time. Good luck!!

Larrys1352

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

^^^Have you tried Dino's advice above?

Also, perhaps you have a third-party app installed which is interfering with the normal working of the LG Keyboard app?

Posted via Android Central App
Thank you for posting. I too had the same problem and your suggestion worked. You people are great helps to us old-timers, age 70!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12