LG Keyboard has stopped

A

AC Question

My LG phone is displaying the message, "Unfortunately, LG Keyboard has stopped." I can not text or use anything which requires use of the keyboard. This phone is not even a month old yet. NOT HAPPY!!!!!

kclime

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
My phone is doing this too. Just started this morning. Lg Optimus G Pro running kit kat on AT&T. Only way around I've found is to use the android keyboard instead of the Lg keyboard. Restarting and task manager didn't work.

yourfavorite

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not super tech savvy. So what's next when force stopping the keyboard doesn't work. I tried turning off and restarting.

I have an lg lucid 3 on Verizon that I've only had for like a month. I'm really not pleased about this.

Tia

Martinez Mariano

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, i was dealing with this problem a long time and i figured out this solution:

Go to "settings" -> "language and input" -> "Onscreen Keyboard settings" and id the seccion "Keyboard design" change the option "QUERTY" to "Phone's keyboard"

It will stop crashing. Ithink it's a bug in LG OnScreen keyboard implementation.

Regards
Mariano

stefbuck13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG optimus fuel (lgl34c) The" unfortunately the LG keyboard has stopped working" is popping up CONSTANTLY! I've powered off, removed battery, gone into setting, and NOTHING will work! What can I do? Help!

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to AC.☺

^^^Have you tried Dino's advice above?

Also, perhaps you have a third-party app installed which is interfering with the normal working of the LG Keyboard app?

Posted via Android Central App

stefbuck13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I can't figure out how to get to where I can force stop the LG keyboard! I can get to running apps, then to LG keyboard.... but there is no force stop option! It says it is "not active" and "restarting" although I did nothing to shut it down or restart it! The error message pops back up every time I hit ok, and kicks me out of screens and pages! I'm nearly in tears from frustration and eminent anger!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^When you get into Apps, ignore Running Apps and swipe across to All. Then scroll down till you find the LG Keyboard app, tap to open, and the options should be there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde