Is there any way to turn brightness down further for the Note 2?

Solace Creat

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
The main purpose of my Galaxy Note 2 is e-reading, ironically enough. However, I'm coming from the iPhone 4G which was able to turn the brightness down enough to where extended periods of time spent reading didn't hurt my eyes, but with the note2, after 30 minutes my eyes are hurting, even with the brightness turned all the way down.

I would have gotten an e-reader, but I don't like the fact that there's not a night option or scrolling. In addition to really get a good reader you have to spend close to the same amount that buying a regular tablet would be more effective--all your paying for is the special lights that are supposed to be easier on your eyes--but night mode on a smart phone is basically just as good, so long as you turn the brightness down low enough.

I'm also reading on Kindle. Not sure if it's Kindle, or the phone. Or, maybe it's just because of the size of the screen.

Does anyone know if there's a way I can turn the brightness down a bit?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You might consider downloading a brightness adjust app. Some will allow you to adjust to very dim...although the one I'm using doesn't allow me to go lower than the lowest built-in brightness setting that already exists on the phone (a Nexus 5 in my case). Others might.

Posted via Android Central App

Solace Creat

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
You might consider downloading a brightness adjust app. Some will allow you to adjust to very dim...although the one I'm using doesn't allow me to go lower than the lowest built-in brightness setting that already exists on the phone (a Nexus 5 in my case). Others might.

Awesome! I didn't even realize there were apps for brightness, thank you. ^_^ I'll give it a try. Hopefully the phones brightness will be able to go lower. I wonder why they wouldn't allow it to turn down to almost dark. :/

Solace Creat

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Belodin! You lovely, lovely person!!!! I downloaded the 'Screen Filter' app which works perfectly!!! The screen is at a perfect brightness level now! AND, it's supposed to save battery life on top!

You are a gentleman and a scholar!!! :D

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Some problems are easily fixed and I'm glad yours has been. Trust me, it isn't always so...

Welcome to the forums!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781