Calendar Sync not possible on Samsung Galaxy S4 mini

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini (GT-I9195) with the most recent Android version I can get (4.2.2 - no further updates possible). Since a couple of weeks my Google Calendar app was empty, showing no events at all, and it wasn't possible to add any new events or select my calendars. Before, everything was fine. I then noticed that the same happened to S Planner. I even tried installing a few other calendar apps from the Play Store and it was the same everywhere - no calendars, no events, no possibilities to add events, nothing. I went through pretty much all of Google's troubleshooting suggestions and nothing worked for me. So I figured out it must be a problem with the device.

In fact, it's pretty odd that there is no "Sync Calendar" option in the Google Account settings (settings / accounts / Google / sync). I can sync Gmail, Drive, Tables, Docs, Keep, pretty much everything - but Calendar disappeared! Same holds for my Samsung Account settings.

I tried setting up my Google Account on my girlfriend's Galaxy S3 and it works as usual. I can choose to sync the calendar and shortly after all my events appear in her Google Calendar app. Of course, in the web browser it's the same - everything works as expected. So it really must be a problem with my device!

Can anyone help me out with that? The calendar is like the most important feature for me on the phone :(