Lost Phone Service (talk & text) after installing ViperSV on HTC One SV.

True to Augustus

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
I installed a functioning ViperSV custom ROM today, and the one feature that isn't working is my ability to make/receive calls and text messages.

I was using Boost Mobile, and those features were working until I installed ViperSV. I'm not sure where I went wrong. If I didn't do anything wrong, and there is some additional step I need to perform in order to get my service back, I would like to know what that step is. I'm still able to install apps through the Google Play Store, and every other function seems to be working just fine. I'm thinking it's an issue with losing the info my hardware had with my provider, after the ViperSV installation process wiped a lot of stuff out.

When I do try to install something through the play store, it includes two options --

Sprint HTC HTC One SV
>>Last Used: July 25, 2014

Boost Mobile HTC C525c
>>Last Used: July 20, 2014

Those dates must be the last time I've downloaded an app. I don't use Sprint, but that's what it lists, and before that it simply listed "Unknown Carrier."

Is there any way I can regain Boost Mobile service on this phone? It's the phone in actuality, just with ViperSV installed on top of it.

Oh, and a little more background -- I planned on installing ViperSV a month ago, because I needed a fallback for when I accidentally bricked my phone through trying to install CyanoGenMod. When I managed to get a working vanilla system again, I simply left the ViperSV .zip on my current phone's SD card, where all I needed was to boot back into recovery to finish the installation process, which I started and finished today.

Here's the thread where I came across ViperSV: http://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ing-htc-one-sv-tried-install-cyanogenmod.html

Edit: Also, I realize that I may come across a complete newbie by the way I type, but it has simply been a long time since I had to delve into this business of installing Custom ROMs. I feel as if I'm missing something which would be completely obvious to more experienced users.

2nd Edit: I needed to readjust some of the awkward wording in this post. I typed it in a hurry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance