Android Chrome blanking out pages on tab 3

progmistro

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So ive been using chrome on android since forever however whenever I'm on a page with pictures and what not the screen would go blank I either have to switch out tabs or hold the home button so that the page can basically "reload" its annoying and tedious. Is this a problem for others as well?
I have a Samsung tab 3 10.1 android 4.2.2
Chrome version 36.0.1985.128 basically what's in the Google play store and its "up to date"
Im not very experienced with tablets but I have rooted it to remove some stupid Samsung bloatware but it was still working fine until recently anyone else have this problem?

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The blank page issue is happening for multitude of users. There are two bug reports dealing with this. They are #342190 & #386337. Google forums has a page, platform-android,chrome 36 stable. There are links to bug reports there. I would encourage all to post there as well.

There are people working on this issue,and will be updating beta 37 soon to see if that resolves the issues,as it is happening on both 36 & 37 in both sets of tabs. Opening a link in an article to a new tab on a different website seems to set it off. Blank page after a few seconds of opening,then upon returning to first page/tab that page blanks out after a few seconds too. Clearing,or going to home page and reopening browser will reload first page,but this can be very aggravating problem. Hope this helps.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and followed the Google forum. I did something that read there and it's working (for now).
Set translate off, set network action predictions off, clear cache and reboot the phone.
So far so good. I'll tell you if the error come back

Moto G from ACF

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Javier, looks like you are the only one to find this issue in forums.lol Here is an update,as of yesterday,the chromium team,now ten or more people,were very close to fixing I believe. I have been getting bug reports from the team working at a different bug number,as they merged other bugs together. They had closed comments at #342190.
So I expect a update of some kind soon, as they were talking about respinning 36-stable before moving 37 beta to stable. As of last night,I was still able to reproduce on both.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Well ... too good to be true. The same problem is back. Ignore completely my post.
Funny though. I've got some shortcuts and apps opening a link in chrome and never had a problem. Just opening a page from chrome itself.
Back to Firefox. 😥

Moto G from ACF

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Up date, if you saw this already,my apology.

As of 15 hrs ago,(8/9/2014 ,10:30 am,EST) bug report.

There is a chromium.org member who was unable to reproduce the blank screen issue on multiple devices. This was on (beta 37.0.2062.73) not yet available in play store. If the fix holds,then early next week there could be an update for 36 stable too,as the were planning to respin before making Beta stable release.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No need to apologise mate. I really appreciate your updates. Just waiting for a fix. Using Chrome only from shortcuts and external links right now.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad